Specialized's Women's Ember Road shoes pair the security and adjustability of their high-end, Boa-equipped road shoes, only with a forgiving composite sole and women's-specific Body Geometry technology that provides a tremendous balance of performance and value.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbed: ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Women's contoured Standard Fit for all day comfort.
- Injection-molded nylon composite sole is engineered to be moderately stiff yet light: Stiffness Index 6.0.
- Lightweight Boa S2-SV dial closure for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the Boa Lifetime Guarantee.
- Synthetic upper with mesh venting for supple fit.
- Reflective heel elements for high visibility.
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 250g (1/2 pair, size 39)
In lieu of standard Velcro straps, these shoes use the innovative Boa lacing system. The micro-adjustable Boa dials and wire laces evenly distribute pressure for a custom fit, maximum comfort, excellent pedaling efficiency and even hot-spot prevention. Plus, the dials are easy to use and rebuildable, too.
SPD/2-Bolt Cleats are most commonly found on Mountain Bike shoes. Look/SPD-SL/3-Bolt Cleats are most commonly found on Road Bike shoes.
Cleats are sold separately or with pedals. Be sure your shoes feature the correct bolt pattern.